- ANA – The American Numismatic Association is a nonprofit, educational organization chartered by Congress. Dedicated to the collection and study of coins, paper money, tokens and medals, and was created for the benefit of its members and the numismatic community.
- ANS – American Numismatic Society – The object and mission of the Society shall be the creation and maintenance of the preeminent national institution advancing the study and public appreciation of coins, currency, medals, orders and decorations, and related objects of all cultures as historical and artistic documents and artifacts; by maintaining the foremost numismatic collection, museum, and library; by supporting scholarly research and publications; and by sponsoring educational and interpretive programs for diverse audiences.
- Cedar Rapids Coin Club – Located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A local non-profit club meeting monthly (except July) to discuss topics of numismatic interest.
- Chicago Coin Club – The Chicago Coin Club was founded in 1919. The objective of the club is to persue numismatic knowledge through the study and research of coins. currency, medals, tokens, and other related items.
- Evansville Coin Club – The Evansville Coin Club serves the Evansville, IN area, meeting monthly featuring an educational speaker and a fun coin auction.
- FUN (Florida United Numismatists) – FUN is a State of Florida chartered, non-profit organization dedicated to the education and enrichment of numismatics in Florida and beyond.
- INA – Iowa Numismatic Association is a non-profit, educational organization founded in 1938.
- JCNS – Johnson County Numismatic Society is a non-profit club devoted to the hobby of coin collecting. Club meetings are held in Lenexa, Kansas, just southwest of the Kansas City, Kansas area.
- MNS -The Missouri Numismatic Society is an educational society. The primary focus of each meeting is a program presented by one the members covering a topic of interest to the club.
- MSNS – Michigan State Numismatic Society – Founded in 1956 to promote numismatics in Michigan.
- Milwaukee Numismatic Society – The Milwaukee Numismatic Society (MNS) is a non-profit, educational organization which was founded on October 29th 1934.
- OSNA – Ohio State Numismatic Association
- TSNS – Tennessee State Numismatic Society – The objectives of this organization are to promote, extend and protect numismatic activity throughout the state, and to foster and encourage the study of numismatics in all its forms and branches; to assist in bringing about better cooperation between all persons interested in numismatics in the state.
- International Association of Professional Numismatists – The IAPN is a non-profit organization of the leading international numismatic firms founded 1951. The objects of the Association are the development of a healthy and prosperous numismatic trade conducted according to the highest standards of business ethics and commercial practice.
- John Reich Collectors Society – The purpose of the John Reich Collectors Society (JRCS) is to encourage the study of numismatics, particularly United States gold and silver coins minted before the introduction of the Seated Liberty design, and to provide technical and educational information concerning such coins.
- The Numismatic Bibliomania Society – The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) is a non-profit educational organization founded in 1980 to support and promote the use and collecting of numismatic literature.
- Society of Paper Money Collectors – A society of collectors of paper money.
- Society of Silver Dollar Collectors – An association of collectors whose primary focus is to encourage research and enjoyment in U.S. silver dollar varieties.
- Token and Medals Society (TAMS) – is an educational and non-profit organization devoted to furthering the exonumia field consisting of all forms of tokens, medals, badges and other items of a related nature.
- U S Mexican Numismatic Association – Founded during the May 1997 International Numismatic Convention held in Mexico City, it was decided to form a numismatic association in the United States, devoted to Mexican Numismatics.
- World Bi-Metallic Collectors Club – The Worldwide Bi-Metallic Collectors Club was started in September of 1996 for those collectors interested in Bi-Metallics to pool their information and communicate with like minded collectors.
Other Online Numismatic References
- Coin Terms An online listing of coin terms and their definitions
- Lovett Tokens & Medals A website devoted to the works of Robert Lovett Sr. and his sons Robert Jr., George H., and John D.. The purpose of this website is threefold – to share information on the numismatic works of this family, to provide a forum for others to do the same, and hopefully lead to the publication of a book/catalog on their works.
Online Coin Show Video Recordings
- Coin Television Online videos of coin shows, numismatic educational programs filmed at major coin shows as well as interviews with numismatic leaders.
- CoinWorld Home of “Coin World” online edition.
- NumisMaster Online coin pricing database and news source. (From Krause Publications)